Social Icons

youtubetwitterlinkedin pinterestinstagram rss feedemail

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wedding Shower and No More Purple Hair!

This past weekend I attended my cousin's wedding shower in Santa Barbara. It was a very nice day with family, friends and gluten free food!

In the picture you can see...my purple hair is all GONE! :(
I put the sad face because I love vibrant colors and to have had one on my head was rather joyous for me, haha! I was feeling like it was time for me to go for a color that was easier to manage and looked nice and sophisticated (That was just my inspiration, sophistication, like Audrey Hepburn or something.) So, I let most of my natural hair grow out and then I cut it pretty short to cut off all the dried hair that had been colored and bleached multiple times before. Then I waited about a month and I put this color in by L'oréal Feria. The color is called Violet Soft Black, M32 warmer. I wanted it to be a darker shade of my natural color, but not black so I went with this. It actually turned out very warm. It turned out more of a dark auburn and has more red to it than I thought it would, but my natural hair has a lot of gold in it so it could be because it picked up on those natural highlights. I would suggest if you do try this color and you have brown or blonde hair, leave it in for at least an hour. The box says 45 min, but I left it in for 10 min longer because it took a while to develop to it's darker shade. When I first started putting it in, I was starting to get a little worried because it looked like it was going to end up being a vampire red! Vampire red is a pretty color, but wasn't what I had in mine. I stayed calm and let it set in and it turned out very pretty. I like it a lot. It's more natural, but still fashionable. yay!

In the picture below I'm wearing a muted down lipstick by Milani Cosmetics in Flamingo Pose that I got for free! by being one of the first 500 people to enter their #mymilanilips contest. And I'm wearing one of my favorite necklaces that I got for a 1$ at a local accessories store in Pasadena, but by the end of the day I had lost one of the plastic baubles ::sigh:: I guess that's what you get for a dollar, still pretty good though!


photo by Arianna Meza





No comments :

Post a Comment