Social Icons

youtubetwitterlinkedin pinterestinstagram rss feedemail

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Face Off Creatures

One of my favorite shows on television is SyFy channel's Face Off because they create mystical creatures on that show. I also have fun imagining what I would create if given the challenges the contestants face. So, I decided to work on a creative exercise for myself. Each week I watch Face Off, if I find the challenge inspiring, I'm going to see what creatures I can come up with. This weeks challenge was to create an alien who's planet was having an environmental crisis.  Some of the topics to chose from were, a dying sun, famine, melting ice caps, disease and I couldn't remember them all, but I decided to pick dying sun and melting ice caps. Here are my designs that I wish I could of seen on Face Off!

melting ice caps alien

close up
 My inspiration for the alien who's planet has melting ice caps, I thought of polar bears morphing into aquatic creatures with awesome pastel genie outfits :-D

dying sun alien

close up 
My alien who's planet has a dying sun is a reptilian type creature who likes warm weather, but since the sun is dying, he wears a body temp controlled suit and his eye's are sort of a green-blue to reflect the hazy red-orange sun. His suit totally came out looking like a cyborg from Star Trek next gen, but I just went with it. I'm sure if I were working on this for a real character design I would re-design it to look different.

No comments :

Post a Comment